Badminton England yesterday released a statement stating that the Yonex All England Badminton Championships will take place on schedule, in spite of the fears surrounding the spread of the coronavirus.
The UK government Chief Medical Officers continue to categorise the risk to individuals from the coronavirus as low. Badminton England has continued with its plan to host the All England based on this advice.
Badminton England also assured that it is in continuous dialogue with offices of the Public Health England, Badminton World Federation and Arena Birmingham to closely monitor the risks.
Below are some of the steps which Badminton England has planned to ensure the safety of everyone present at the event –
- Hand sanitizers will be provided in shared areas
- Clean facilities will be ensured and the spectators will be educated about the virus
- Contingency plans are place to deal with people showing symptoms – including isolation, extraction and deep cleaning
- A fully serviced medical centre will be in place in Arena Birmingham in addition to two medical officers attending the players
- Badminton England have made themselves aware of standard airport processes and procedures for incoming visitors