The All England Championships (17-21 March) will be held without spectators this year. 2021 will mark the 111th year of staging the prestigious Championships.
Although the tournament is not an Olympic qualifying tournament, all the big names in all disciplines are anticipated to participate.
Recommended: BWF announces 25 new tournaments for 2021, unfreezing world rankings, Olympic qualifications
All players should arrive at the venue by 14 March 2021, while semi-finalists and finalists of the German Open (9-14 March) should arrive by 15 March.
In the prospectus released by Badminton England (BE) and the organisers, it states that no spectators would be allowed in the venue.
Some of the other safety protocols include:
- Social distancing to be maintained at all times. Good personal hygiene, hand washing and face coverings at all times.
- Covid-19 symptom checks, temperature checks and Covid-19 testing are mandatory.
- Breaching of health and safety protocols will result in the person/persons removed from the venue.
- No mandatory 10 days isolation if “you proceed directly to the location of the Championships and remain either self-isolated or within the Championships venues (hotel, transport services and Utilita Arena Birmingham) until your departure from the UK.”
- “Bubble” system to be strictly maintained during the stay in the UK.